Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ohhhh Baby. . .

Off topic, just listening to the news and this guy is accused of going around huffing freon from people's air conditioning units totaling over $2,000 worth. They found him passed out in a yard. All I can think is "Wow. What a winner." Can you imagine the desperation of a man in his late thirties, sneaking around all the neighborhood houses just waiting for his next fix from their air conditioning unit. Sad, sad, man.

Anyway- back to my original post. Like Bethaney (and very unlike Sheena, apparently) I get super anxious for baby to arrive, come the last weeks. Especially when I am having contractions on a daily basis, and it feels like he may literally fall out of me at any given moment. Perhaps I would go as far as to say I think I might be having a baby born with a full set of teeth, because it feels as if he is biting me constantly! Appropriate? Perhaps not. However, I realize I have about 7 followers all of which are female and practically family, so frankly I do not care. 

Doctor's appointment was on Monday. Indeed, my "false" contractions have been doing very real damage. I am about 2 1/2 centimeters dilated, 70% effaced, and the baby is fully engaged, meaning his head is about as low as it can go without emerging from me. (told you he was biting me!) And, hat very night, out came the mucous plug . (again, TMI?) I don't think so, considering excited daddy Chris told his Dad that. The past three days, while having contractions, I even imagine that I can hear and feel the dilation process taking place. Since I know now I am "ripened and ready" I have been doing all the things you do to speed up this process, but to no avail. These include jumping jacks (I figure, gravity, why not. . . ) running on the elliptical (for a VERY short time, considering I come back from the grocery sore beyond belief) Anyway, pretty much everything short of drinking Castor oil I am doing. And you know what? I think I might even still go late.

Speaking of my doctors appointment, I just learned I have now hit the oh-so-dreaded 70lb-weight gain mark. I try to do things, like hang onto the wall or counter while being weighed so the numbers on the scale appear substantially lower. . .but then I feel sneaky and let go. Oh, how those numbers rise. It boggles my mind, too when people see me and rant and rave about how "amazing" I look and how "you must be ALL baby!" I think to myself, "Ya, sure. If I'm having a 50pound giant baby" (ironically, with that suspect full set of teeth I mentioned before, it may just be the case!!)  That actually happened just today. After her raving about my "luck" I looked at her cross eyed and said "Hon, I have almost doubled my weight for goodness sake!" Then I showed her my feet. . .which look exactly like Cinderella's step-sisters sausages when they were shoved and squeezed into her glass slipper.
My toe-nails look great though- thanks to a wonderful mani-pedi I treated myself to a couple days ago. Chris asked if they "charged me double to do those feet" Hardy-har-har, huh?

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha I want to see your 50 lb giant! :-) I think people think they HAVE to say that when someone is pregnant. People told me I looked great and I looked at them cross-eyed and thought I didn't look great BEFORE the pregnancy (weight-wise) I don't look any more great now. But people sometimes just like seeing other people pregnant. So let them compliment you. And hopefully your swelling goes down quickly. That is one of the worst parts of being pregnant in my opinion. Besides the pain and discomfort I guess... Good luck, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sure you look awesome. And Bethaney also looked awesome, so I don't have any doubt in my mind that you are/were both adorable! Take the castor oil! It'll help! Also, spicy foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I just told Mom your stats and she says you're rar-ing to go and that you definitely won't make it to my birthday! I say, hold it in. Only 2 more weeks! :-) I'm happy that everything is going so well, though! Hooray! The Cinderella's stepsisters thing cracked me up, although I'm sure it doesn't crack you up as much. If I'm ever preggo, I give you full permission to laugh at my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Love this post. It feels like he is biting you?!? Well, glad that is not happening to me! When is your actual due date again? Looking forward to the little guy getting here!

    ReplyDelete